Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Child's Art

I Found this meme on Thursday's Challenge.

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart of a man go together. -John Ruskin

The object of art is to give life shape. -Jean Anouilh



Thursday's Daily meme I chose was art. I decided to use a child's art. Art to most adults is a perfect painting or sculpture but too a child art is something completely different.


This picture of a green tiger is a picture that my boyfriend's seven year old daughter colored. To you is make seem weird and not artistic. Kirstin told us that she was going to make this tiger look even wilder than he was. I think she succeeded at that. Really...how wild is a green tiger? To her this was a great work of art she had an idea of how to make him look wilder and she ran with it. This may just be a coloring picture but she put her heart and soul into it. I think that makes it her art!!

This is a picture that Kirstin drew at school. To most adults it looks like a child's bad drawing skills but to the child who drew it it is art. When a child draws a picture like this one they want it hung on the refrigerator for everyone to see. When a child draws, colors, paints, or makes something out of clay they have accoplished something great. To them they are the best artist in the world. I personally love it when Kirstin brings me pictures and says "Emily, I drew this for you to put on your refrigerator." A child's art can bring a smile to anyone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment